What to bring to
- Bring your Medicare Card
- Bring your GP Referral
Moisturisers and Creams, and Allergy Testing
Do not apply moisturisers or creams to you child’s back or forearms on the day of the visit (this is where a skin test will be performed). Please continue using your creams on other parts of the body if required.
Antihistamines and Allergy Testing
Do not give your child antihistamines for 5 days before the visit as this can interfere with allergy test results. This includes:
- Claratyne, Zyrtec, Aerius
- Phenergan, Polarmine
- Dimetapp, Demazin, or any other cough mixtures.
* Please continue with use of your asthma preventers and nasal steroid sprays, as these will not interfere with the allergy testing
Bringing Foods for Allergy Testing
- We have standardised extracts for common allergens including: milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, treenuts and sesame.
- If your child has suspected allergies to the following, please bring along fresh samples of the following foods: fish & prawns (raw & cooked), fruits (raw) and vegetables (raw).
- These fresh foods should be packed separately in small containers with a small (marble-sized) amount of the food.